Caring & Outreach
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8
The St. Boniface Prayer Chain is a series of parishioners who pray for others’ special intentions. Call the parish office with your urgent prayer request, and the staff will notify the first person in the chain who will then pass it on to the next link, and so on.
If you would like to become a prayer chain pray-er, please call the parish office to be added as a link.
St. Boniface Parish Health & Wellness Ministry
Our St. Boniface Health & Wellness Ministry seeks to imitate Jesus in its concern for parishioners’ health. The ministry consists of nursing professionals who promote physical health, disease prevention, and well being of mind and spirit. Their work is a tangible expression of our Catholic faith. They respect and value everyone, and have special concern for the elderly.
Here are a few examples of their ministry:
* Provide blood pressure screenings after Mass on a regular basis.
* Host periodic Health & Wellness meet-and-greets after Mass to share health information.
* Arrange for speakers on timely subjects and offer programs like Walking with Jesus.
* Provide health information on the bulletin board located in the vestibule of church—a new topic each month.
* Periodically provide health information in the Sunday bulletin.
* Suggest referrals to care resources.
* Lend extra medical equipment to parishioners such as walkers and canes.
* Are trained to use an AED heart defibrillator which they obtained and maintain for our church.
* Visit the sick in the hospital, nursing homes, and at home upon request, and bring them Holy Communion.
* Visit and call parishioners who may be lonely or discouraged.
* Pray for those who are struggling with physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual illness.
* Notify Fr. Joe of those who may want or need the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.
Call the parish office to get in contact with our parish nurse and the
Health & Wellness Ministry.
Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40
The St. Boniface St. Vincent de Paul Conference operates a food pantry every Saturday from 1:00 until 3:00 p.m. in the parish center basement. Residents of Northside are eligible to visit. Current proof of residence is required at each visit.
The St. Boniface St. Vincent de Paul Conference has been serving neighbors in need since 1905.